All is well. You did not come here to fix a broken world. The world is not broken. You came here to live a wonderful life. And if you relax a little and let it all in, you will begin to see the Universe present you with all that you have asked for.

Inspirations

25 October 2009

The Little Things in Life



Often times we forget to appreciate the little things in life that are constantly overshadowed by the bigger things.  The rain kept us indoors for the most part and I found myself staring outside the window until my focus zoomed in on this little plant.  It was tiny, naive, and knew that it too had its own unique beauty to offer besides the towering plants.




 Then in another pot I discovered purple clovers.  I think that is what they are.  I have never seen or noticed them before.
 

And these are the little chestnuts that were ready to go into the oven.  I was the only one who liked them raw and my father in law put cuts into each one before putting them in the oven so they don't explode.  Although that could have been fun for my munchkins to experience.  I'll have to try that on Monday when the maid is here.


My first time cracking open a pine nut, wasn't easy. Yup, ex city girl learns how to eat them freshly shelled.  Behind each leaf pulled back exposed 2 hard shells.  I had to use a hammer to crack one open and oh how tender and fresh the pine nut was, and the scent of cedar on my fingers!  It was a new experience eating them.  Anastasia is lucky to have an army of squirrels crack them open for her all the time!  I have a new found respect for squirrels now.

And thank you Isaura for bringing me this fresh pine cone today!

No comments:

Post a Comment