All is well. You did not come here to fix a broken world. The world is not broken. You came here to live a wonderful life. And if you relax a little and let it all in, you will begin to see the Universe present you with all that you have asked for.

Inspirations

26 October 2009

The Pioneer Woman



Sometimes I like to visit another persons reality.  The Pioneer Woman's reality to be exact.  ''Plowing through life in the country, one calf nut at a time.''  I have never heard of anything like this in my life!  Ree left L.A. for a life in the parallel universe full of the unknown, only to discover the simpler pleasures of life and started raising a beautiful family away from the hustle and bustle of a cosmopolitan city.  Her wild tale of romance and cow manure is a cross between a Harlequin Romance and Green Acres!

She cooks and photographs food in such an alluring way that I am always left feeling full and satisfied, ready for a nap.  Maybe because the shots are so detailed and up close, my senses are satiated by the time I get to the last shot where the dish is finalized, like in real life.  Maybe I'm eating via osmosis through the wireless technology but because of her, I eat vicariously without putting on any weight!

I identify with many of her yearnings in the earlier years too.  How can I not after moving away from all the conveniences I had at my fingertips?  Now I don't miss a thing.  Well, maybe Trader Joes, the Stash brand chai in the red box, the sesame/honey cashew nuts & maple syrup that used to grace my cupboard for as long as I can remember.  Now I make chai from scratch and have replaced maple syrup with raw honey.  As for the nuts, I am perfectly happy with the cashews, sesame seeds, and honey not touching each other and being raw.


Thank you Ree for all the hard work in your kitchen. 

Here's to you and all your endeavors!!

No comments:

Post a Comment